Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience, build trust, and generate leads. However, your email campaigns can only be successful if they actually make it to your subscribers' inboxes. This is where email deliverability comes in.
Email deliverability refers to the ability of your emails to actually reach your subscribers' inboxes instead of being marked as spam or filtered out by email service providers. If your emails don't reach your subscribers, all the time and effort you put into crafting them goes to waste.
So, how can you improve your email deliverability? Here are some tips:
- Build a clean email list: Your email list should only include subscribers who have explicitly opted-in to receive your emails. Purchased or rented email lists are more likely to result in high bounce rates and spam complaints, which can negatively impact your deliverability. In most cases, most Email Marketing Service Providers (ESP) will not allow you send emails to a purchased/rented list. This includes Tarvent. The ROI is typically very low, and they are much better ways to grow your audience with a much higher ROI.
- Use a reputable email service provider: Invest in a reputable email service provider that has a good reputation with ISPs. This will increase the chances of your emails being delivered to your subscribers' inboxes. At Tarvent, we monitor deliverability all the time. We have automated alerts and manual reviews that happen throughout the day to ensure you get the best deliverability possible. If we spot a receiving domains that has blocked your emails, we typically address the issue with the ISP before you ever know there is a problem. This helps avoid issues and allows us to maintain a 99.5% average deliverability aross all clients in all industries.
- Pay attention to your email content: Make sure your email content is relevant, engaging, and not too spammy. Avoid using too many exclamation marks, all caps, or trigger words that are commonly associated with spam emails. This is something that can be easily tested in Tarvent by sending test emails to various free accounts in Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and others to ensure your email does not land in the SPAM folder, well before you send your production campaign.
- Authenticate your emails: Authentication is the process of verifying that you are the legitimate sender of an email. Make sure to authenticate your emails using SPF, DKIM, and DMARC protocols. Tarvent offers tools to help you configure your domains. This includes your sending domain, which is the domain you use in your “From email” campaign settings, as well as the mail domain. While this can get a little technical, those that implement strict DMARC policies will need to configure the mail domain within Tarvent. The best part, you can get all the easy work done right in Tarvent and have Tarvent “email a techie” with all the information they would need to make the necessary DNS changes. If you are familiar with DNS, we provide you with everything you need to get your domains configured in minutes.
- Monitor your email deliverability: Keep an eye on your email deliverability metrics, such as open and click-through rates, bounce rates, and spam complaints. This will help you identify any potential deliverability issues and take corrective action. This can be done by watching your sender score in Tarvent, as well as reviewing recipient domain performance to identify any potential problem domains. As mentioned above, we also monitor deliverability to ensure any problem domains are addressed as fast as possible.
By following these tips, you can improve your email deliverability and ensure that your emails are reaching your subscribers' inboxes. Remember, a successful email campaign starts with getting your emails delivered!
Get updates on our latest blog posts!